What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a natural therapy that uses essential oils.
Excerpt from NAHA (National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy):
Aromatherapy can be defined as the art and science of utilizing naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, harmonize and promote the health of body, mind and spirit. It is an art and science which seeks to explore the physiological, psychological and spiritual realm of the individual’s response to aromatic extracts as well as to observe and enhance the individual’s innate healing process. As a holistic medicine, Aromatherapy is both a preventative approach as well as an active treatment during acute and chronic stages of illness or ‘dis’-ease.
It is a natural, non-invasive treatment system designed to affect the whole person not just the symptom or disease and to assist the body’s natural ability to balance, regulate, heal and maintain itself by the correct use of essential oils.
Need aromatherapy advice?
|Purchase a 30 minute consult -> $25|
|Or book a 10 minute consult online -> Complimentary||Book Online|
What to expect in an aromatherapy visit?
If you are experiencing some pain, discomfort or would like to address a health concern, you need to fill out a complete medical history form.
Also, a detailed lifestyle questionnaire follows. Both of these are necessary to determine your level of health, stress, and time, so that a practical home and in clinic treatment plan can be prepared.
How often, where and when to work with aromatherapy?
To decrease stress, anxiety or other environmental triggers, work on emotional or psychological balancing, book an assessment aromatherapy session.
Initial aromatherapy session is a combination of
- one of one discussion of health & wellness concerns
- blend preparation of essential oils in a massage oil
- blending & preparation of creams, salves, inhalers, or other custom products to support your treatment, for home use
- relaxation aromatherapy massage: back, legs, arms, neck with blend provided
- home treatment protocol to use daily or weekly aromatherapy self treatments, with instructions and support between aromatherapy visits.
After the initial assessment, you receive an in clinic blend via massage, bath, inhalation, foot soak or a combination of these. The first visit is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes in length. Subsequent visits can be booked at fifteen minute intervals (30, 45, 60, etc.) Regular, seasonal maintenance visits are recommended for reducing stress & anxiety and general wellbeing.
Fresh, Custom Aromatherapy Blends
Sample support oils, creams & salves made:
- Eczema, Psoriasis, Allergy Skin rx,
- Rheumatic or Arthritic pain & throbbing
- Trouble sleeping, Headaches, Sinus congestion
- Respiratory infections, Digestive upset
- PMS & Menopausal imbalances
- Scalp, hair growth stimulation & support
- Stress & Anxiety Reduction
- Detox program support
- Custom cleansers, toners, & face creams
- Room sprays & diffuser blends
- Dog spray for stress & anxiety
- Bug lotion for natural insect repellant
Don’t see a fresh aroma product idea listed?
Ask The Healing Muse to make it…